3 Temmuz 2015 Cuma

Phil Neville believes silverware is on horizon for Manchester United

Phil Neville believes silverware could be on the horizon for Manchester United. Former United star Neville told Sky Sports News HQ that despite the team securing a top-four finish this season, there is more to come from Louis van Gaal’s men. He said: "It has been a good season - I think going from seventh to winning the league was too much of an ask but getting into the top four was what Louis van Gaal said at the start of the season that he wanted to do and he’s achieved that, so it is Champions League football back for Manchester United. "I think Man Utd have shown an improvement this year and I think Louis van Gaal will benefit from the experience of playing in the Premier League because it is such an intense league to play in and I'm sure he's learned a lot about it this year. "I think they'll definitely want to win the league next year. They've finished in fourth and I think the next progression is to go on and win the league - Manchester United need to be winning trophies." Goalkeeper David de Gea's future at the club remains uncertain, and Neville believes it would hamper United's quest for the title if the 24-year-old departed. He said: "They need to keep David de Gea - without him, they wouldn't have finished in the top four this year so that's probably the key one on Louis van Gaal's mind."

Neville, who was playing golf in the celebrity pro-am at the BMW PGA Championship, also reflected on the end of an era for some of the Premier League’s longest servants and what the future could hold. He said: "It is disappointing because I think the Premier League will be worse off without the likes of Gerrard, Lampard and Ferdinand. There's probably only John Terry left now from that generation and he's had a fantastic year, you can see him going on for another couple of years. "They’ve been great players for the Premier League but I thought when Bryan Robson retired from Man Utd the whole world would cave in but time moves on. It's the next generation that is coming through now, the Barkleys, the Stones, the Wilsheres. "They’ve got to step up to the plate and they've got big shoes to fill but I think they are capable. There is a good young generation coming through and I think it's exciting."

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder