Former Australia captain Greg Chappell believes Trevor Bayliss has the characteristics to succeed as England head coach. Director of Cricket Andrew Strauss opted to bring Bayliss into the England set-up ahead of the Ashes next month. Australia arrived in England on Wednesday prior to the first Test Match in Cardiff, which will be live on Sky Sports Ashes on July 8. Chappell reckons his compatriot will bring a steady hand to the England camp, but is unlikely to have any fresh information on Australia. “He’s a very experienced coach domestically and internationally he’s had a lot of experience,” Chappell told SSNHQ.
“I think his temperament will be a pretty good fit in that dressing room, and I would think that is what Andrew Strauss was drawn to as much as anything else apart from a very good record. “Clear-headed, calm, some good input as far as strategies and tactics go. "I don’t know that he’ll bring any more knowledge of the Australian team that England already has, everyone is on the TV and you have the video replays, if you don’t know what the Australian team is doing now then I don’t think Trevor can help them.” Watch the first Ashes Test on July 8 from 10am on Sky Sports Ashes

Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder