UK-based bank Standard Chartered have confirmed they are investigating two payments cleared by them that were mentioned in the US indictment of FIFA officials. Reports emerged over the weekend that three UK-based banks, including HSBC and Barclays, have become aware of their names being mentioned in the indictment, which saw 14 current and former FIFA executives arrested in Zurich last week over allegations of massive corruption. HSBC and Barclays are understood to be investigating these payments but have declined to comment to Sky Sports News HQ, but Standard Chartered said: "We are aware that two payments cleared by us are mentioned in the indictment. "We are looking into those payments and will not be commenting further at this time." The UK's Serious Fraud Office has also said it is actively assessing "material in its possession" relating to the corruption allegations - which alleges up to $110million was exchanged in bribes. The three UK-based banks have a chequered history of their own in recent years, with HSBC paying a $1.9billion fine in 2012 over its involvement in money-laundering.
Kell Brook says Amir Khan is running out of time to face him
"I think there's going to come to a stage where he's run out of time and I'm on to bigger fish in the division and on to bigger names." Brook also insisted he could not afford to overlook Gavin, a slick operator and former amateur standout after becoming Britain's first world champion at that unpaid level. We're just two days away from a huge night for British boxing at the O2 as Kell Brook takes on Frankie Gavin at the top of an exciting bill He added: "He's wanted this fight with me for a long time, so he's obviously seen something in me which he wants to exploit. "When he's up for a fight, and believe me he's up for this fight, he always performs and if he performs like he says he's going to do, the fans are in for a real treat. "We've got our eyes firmly on Frankie Gavin. Saturday night can't come quick enough, I'm excited to get back in that ring again and defend my world title. "All the hard work's done now. We're in fight week. So it's just about relaxing, keeping composed. I've dealt with the media and that side of things so it's just going to another day at the office for me, I'm ready." Brook stunned Shawn Porter in California to rip the American's IBF world crown away in August 2014 in a majority decision, before a fourth-round knockout dispatched Jo Jo Dan in his first defence in front of his home fans in Sheffield in March. The Yorkshireman is confident he will not experience Porter's fate against the unfancied Gavin. He said: "I had a week off after the Jo Jo Dan fight and I was straight back in the gym and I think my trainer Dominic Ingle has seen it all before."A lot of people are having me as a big favourite and when I'm in training I put myself to the max and show there's no stone left unturned. "We've done all the work we needed to do, because Frankie Gavin, when he turns up is a class act and he can cause anybody problems at world level. So we have to be sure we have done everything in our powers to be 100 per cent this Saturday." Book Brook v Gavin, featuring Joshua, Mitchell and Selby, live and exclusive on Sky Sports Box Office, May 30, via your phone or online now. If you want to record the event, book via your Sky remote.
Kell Brook has told British rival Amir Khan time is running out for the two to meet in a battle of Britain world title clash. IBF welterweight champion Brook is back in action on Saturday against another British compatriot Frankie Gavin on a blockbuster bill at London's O2 Arena, live on Sky Sports Box Office. The Sheffield fighter is the overwhelming favourite to retain his world crown against Birmingham boxer Gavin and with Khan fighting Chris Algieri in New York the night before, a possible showdown later this year is a distinct possibility between the pair. When asked by Sky Sports News HQ if he would fancy taking on Bolton's Khan, Brook said: "Yeah of course. All they have to do is pick the phone up and speak to my promoter Eddie (Hearn) and that fight could get made. "I'm only really wanting to give him the chance because the fans are desperate for that fight.
James DeGale hoping for super-middleweight IBF/WBC unification with George Groves
Mandatory challenger Groves is scheduled to fight Jack in the United States in August or September, and DeGale told Sky Sports News HQ: "I'm looking forward to it. "He's got to do his job first. He's got to go to America in August or September and win his title. If he can do that, and please God he can, hopefully he does (and) that's a massive fight next year. "I'm just hoping he can go and win his fight and we can please the fans. "That's what Britain wants to see, me and George Groves go at it again, because (last time) it was controversial, it was a grudge match and I suppose everyone loves a grudge match." The Massachusetts judges scored the fight 114-112 (twice) and 117-109 in favour of DeGale and the Briton admitted he thought it had been a hard-fought contest. He said: "If I'm being honest I knew it was close but, with the knockdown, I'd won the first six rounds.
James DeGale says he is hoping to gain revenge over George Groves in a possible world super-middleweight IBF/WBC unification title fight early next year. DeGale, 29, impressively won the IBF belt after a unanimous points victory over home favourite Andre Dirrell in Boston on Saturday night, to become the first British Olympic gold medallist to claim a professional world title. He is now keen to quickly avenge two defeats to his fellow Londoner Groves, one in the amateurs and one as a pro, but insisted it was all dependent on his compatriot beating WBC champion Badou Jack, who took his belt from Dirrell's brother Anthony in Chicago last month.
"After six rounds I was up five points, I was so far ahead. It was just letting him back in round seven to 10 that's all it was. Jim (McDonnell) said 'Chunk it's close it's really, really close', but once the judge gave the wide score I thought there's no way he's beaten me by that much. "The second-round knockdown was good. It was an overhand left. For the first six rounds I boxed extremely well, I did let him back into the fight the second half, but I finished the better and I finished the stronger. "Don't forget Andre Dirrell is a very, very good fighter. You saw last Saturday two world-class fighters going at it." DeGale also admitted he was enjoying his time as a world champion, saying: "I got back Tuesday and it's been hectic. I've had something to do every day. It's been very, very hectic, I'm a bit jetlagged but it's part of being world champion."

Hiç yorum yok:
Yorum Gönder